Saturday, February 10, 2018

Love So Ir-Resistable!



Welcome! I had a little fun just playing around when I made this Valentine. I pulled out my long neglected  embossing diffusers and a couple of embossing folders. Starting with the Dotted Bullseye folder and the outer portion of the heart diffuser, I made my first pass in my Big Kick. Next I used the Dots folder and the heart shaped portion of the diffuser and made the second pass, creating two separate textures. Sadly I didn't like how it turned out once I colored it, so I flipped it over and used the de-bossed side for my project.


Lesson learned from the flip side, this time I covered the heart with Distress Micro Glaze, and buffed with a soft cloth. I dipped my card in Distress ink puddles of Black Soot and Festive Berries, drying between colors. I love how the colors are more intense in the recesses of the bullseyes. I wiped the heart off, revealing a nearly white heart. The microglaze resists the inks quite well, leaving it just in some random de-bossed dots. While this was just my first try with this technique, and my card has it's imperfections it's inspired me to play more with the glaze and my embossing folders.

Oh, how I love this LOVE die cut. This, and the Tutti hearts and butterflies frame was included in some die cuts Autumn sent me last year. Thank you, Autumn! I don't have much in the way of Valentine's dies, so without your help, all my cards would look the same! Like I said, I am in love with the LOVE die cut, and since it was my only one, I wanted to make it special. I colored it with Festive Berries and Black Soot and heat embossed. I pared it with a large Chit Chat sticker to complete my sentiment.


The Tutti die cut was covered with BoBunny Licorice Glitter Paste. The shimmer on this die cut is really amazing in real life. Linda offers this in several colors at The Funkie Junkie Boutique, and I can't wait to try more of them!


I backed the embossed panel with one of Tim Holtz Christmas papers, and tucked in portions of his Lace die cuts between the red dotted panel and my card blank. Ranger Multi Matte medium is a great glue to use with these fussy cuts. I spread some out on my craft mat, and press my die cut back into it, then place the glued die cut on my card. Because the heart is so delicate and not exactly the size of my heart diffuser  it was a little tricky to place.


So here's another Valentine, already in the mail. It's for my daughter, and I hope she feels the love that is sent with it!


Image may contain: text and food

Thank you for stopping by today and for all your thoughtful comments!
Hugs and Blessings!
Sara Emily

Here are links to products I've used that can be purchased at The Funkie Junkie Boutique:

17 comments:

  1. Wow ... what a beautiful valentine! Thanks so much for playing in our ‘For the One I Love’ challenge at Dies R Us. Good Luck and please come back again soon!

    Darlene (DRU Blog Leader)
    DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop by for a visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, Sara Emily! I love those diecuts and the border around the card. The glazing and shimmers add an elegant touch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful make Sara Emily! You make magic with grunge style...
    Hugs
    Samra
    Paper Talk with Samra

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your daughter will adore this, Sara Emily!! It's so stunning!! I love the colors and every creative detail!! The heart is fabulous!! The border around the card is such a beautiful touch!! Love this, my friend!! So gorgeous!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty! I really love the contrast with the black against your background.
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  6. My dear friend, if only I could have a peek inside your crafty space while you're in the midst of your creative process! This card is as unique as everything you create. The detailing is spectacular and the border is amazing. The heart is stunning! The red love within it is magical. :) Thank you for the endless inspiration. I will be back soon to leave you more love on previous posts! Things have not gone as planned but my heart remains hopeful! Have a beautiful day. :)

    Hugs and blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Glad you weren't put off in the early stages of the making! This really is a beautiful card! I love that swirly black heart! Have a great week! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely card!!! I am sure it took you long to make this, there are so many details!!!
    Thank you for playing along with us over Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge, we all hope to see you play again! x Zoey

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such amazingness and such few supplies - brava! xoxo P.S. - Is Country View's challenge supposed to be closed already? I thought it ran monthly... Went to add my card and it said it expired....

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a wonderful card Sara and its easy to see why you love that amazing die xx TFS and sending huge hugs
    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Definitely a stunning die cut and it stands out so beautifully in black and makes the 'love' stand out wonderfully well. Loving that border too!! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your layers here are amazing and I just love how you used this die in such a cool way! You are incredible my friend! Truly amazing! Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this, I linked your post on my post for this card I made using your technique. https://inkylageney.wordpress.com/2018/02/10/2018-c25-hearts-tim-holtz-embossing-diffuser/

    ReplyDelete
  14. I know your daughter will treasure this card, Sara. I love it and your sense of daring and adventure. Always a wonderful tip or two with you, and I am pinning this one to use as a guide when I play with my diffusers. Happy Valentine's Day, xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous card Sara :-) the background is fabulous and I love the heart die cut design, very beautful :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    Luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the fun techniques and lessons learned, Sara Emily. The resulting textures and shapes are marvelous! It’s a wonderful Valentine card! xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great embossing effects Sara - your valentine card is wonderful! Thanks so much for joining us at Countryview Crafts and good luck in the draw. Hugs rachel xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments...they mean so much to me.